Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Country Research Web Links
Online atlas. Includes information on various aspects of each country.
Similar to CIA World FactBook - lots of data, statistics, on individual countries.
If it Were My Home
Allows you to compare living conditions in countries based on statistics from the CIA World Factbook.
Provides real-time world statistics.
The World Bank
Focuses on information about each country's economy.
World Music Links
Information on the music, composers, and culture of a selection of countries from around the world.
(links take a long time to load...be patient!)
Music is the universal language of mankind.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
If the above quote is true, then there are many different dialects spoken around the world. Music is a unique part of culture. (Think 6th grade Social Studies, 5 Themes of Geography-->Human Features)
In this project, you will explore music from countries around the world. As part of your research, you'll need to gather additional information on the country. Use the resources along the sides of this LibGuide to help you in your research.
Get A Book
To request books to be delivered:
1) Click the link above and click "Log In"
- username = your email address, without the @tvsd.info (example, 28jsmith)
- password = your 6-digit ID number
2) Find a book you'd like to request (be sure to click on it to view the book details)
3) Click "Hold" (You'll see a message saying to pick it up. Disregard this--we will deliver it!)
CLICK HERE for a video that shows you how to do this!
A couple of notes on requesting books:
- Books will be delivered to your LA teacher. (Livestreaming students' books will be placed on the shelves outside the office)
- You may request a maximum of 2 books at a time
- Book returns are made the same way as in the past--drop it in the book return slot in the library.