Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a team project where team members research a specific mental health disorder, gather reliable health information and resources, complete a poster, and present research findings to the rest of the class.
- Fill out the team members’ names and assigned research topic
- Assign the three roles to each team member
- FIll out your Research Questions sheet with your name and your assigned topic and list your role - either the Patient, Medical Expert, or Family/Loved Ones
- Use your chromebook and ONLY websites listed on this guide to complete the Research Questions sheets.
- When all research is complete, the team will create a poster/slides (5) based on information collected.
- Group will use the poster to make a 3-5 minute presentation to the class.
Mental Health Topics:
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Poster and Presentation Grading Criteria
The poster/presentation includes at minimum the following types of information:
- Title - Clearly identified mental health disorder topic
- Common symptoms
- Possible causes
- Relevant U.S. statistics
- Available online and local services and resources
The poster/slides(5) has graphic elements such as:
- Cohesive look—a team creation and not a composite of three different individuals’ work.
- Logical and easy to follow graphic organization of the poster content
- Creative use of visual elements— e.g., images, colors, shapes, different letter sizes, etc.
The poster/presentation has the following that attract people’s attention and make it easy to understand the content:
- Poster/Slides (5) is easy to read and identify different sections.
- The information is presented in clear writing and speaking and poster is enhanced by design elements.
- Presentation content and design of the poster are informative and respectful of the topic.