Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Argument Writing--5th Grade
How do readers select materials appropriate to the topic and purpose?
When making an argument, smart writers READ a lot about their topic. They read about BOTH sides of the issue. That way, they are better informed to defend their claim.
Video Tutorials--5th Grade Argument Writing
Search the Library Catalog!
To request books to be delivered:
1) Click the link above and click "Log In"
- username = your email address, without the @tvsd.info (example, 28jsmith)
- password = your 6-digit ID number
2) Find a book you'd like to request (be sure to click on it to view the book details)
3) Click "Hold" (You'll see a message saying to pick it up. Disregard this--we will deliver it!)
CLICK HERE for a video that shows you how to do this!
A couple of notes on requesting books:
- Books will be delivered to your LA teacher. (Livestreaming students' books will be placed on the shelves outside the office)
- You may request a maximum of 2 books at a time
- Book returns are made the same way as in the past--drop it in the book return slot in the library.
Search multiple formats: encyclopedia articles, newspapers, magazines, and more.