Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1. Click the link
2. Click "File > Make a Copy"
3. Rename the file with YOUR name and Weather Brochure (ex, "Smith Weather Brochure")
Severe weather is on the horizon!
For this project you will have a choice. You can either produce a Severe Weather Brochure (electronically or on paper) or you can do a 5-day video forecast on either WeVideo or ScreenCastify. The rubrics for each project are located on the left side of this page. In order for people to be safe you must inform them of the type of severe weather that may occur in their surroundings.
- What are the dangers that can occur because of this severe weather? (min of 3)
- Where does it occur in the USA and why in that location?
- How do they predict it? (Detail/Explain)
- Before the storm, how does one prepare and/or adapt to make sure of survival? (3)
- Other useful or interesting facts (min of 3 that are not from above)
- Minimum of 4 pictures that relate to your severe weather topic
Images of Weather Maps
How to get custom weather maps for your city:
- Go to www.wunderground.com
- Find your city using the "Search Locations" search bar
- Click the "Wundermap" tab
- To take a screenshot of a map, click the 3 vertical dots in the corner of your browser--> More Tools --> Take Screenshot
- Click on the popup message to see it in the folder, then double click the file to open it.
- Click the pencil icon to edit your image, then copy/paste it into your Google Slides presentation
How do readers select materials appropriate to the topic and purpose?
- use the resources on this page to find information for your brochure
- make sure the books/articles you select are ones you can read!
- as you read, think about the info that must be included in your brochure
- Define your weather.
- Where does it occur and why?
- Can we predict it? How?
- How to prepare for it.
- Other helpful information.
General WeVideo Tutorials
Creating a shared project:
Creating a Split Conversation:
Adding basic content:
Audio levels and sound FX
Color keying (green screen):
Trimming video clips:
Picture in picture:
Finalizing and sharing:
Search the Library Catalog!
To request books to be delivered:
1) Click the link above and click "Log In"
- username = your email address, without the @tvsd.info (example, 28jsmith)
- password = your 6-digit ID number
2) Find a book you'd like to request (be sure to click on it to view the book details)
3) Click "Hold" (You'll see a message saying to pick it up. Disregard this--we will deliver it!)
CLICK HERE for a video that shows you how to do this!
A couple of notes on requesting books:
- Books will be delivered to your LA teacher. (Livestreaming students' books will be placed on the shelves outside the office)
- You may request a maximum of 2 books at a time
- Book returns are made the same way as in the past--drop it in the book return slot in the library.